Wed, 24 Aug|
Winter Bird Feeding: Last year's survey results and next winter's plans
Our FiPL funding has enabled us to maximise the impact of supplementary bird feeding. This event will prepare us for next winter's feeding and monitoring season, as well as discuss last year's results
Time & Location
24 Aug 2022, 16:00 – 18:00
What3Words ///drones.venues.riverbank, Chipping Norton OX7 5TB, UK
About the Event
Thanks to your efforts and a grant from FiPL, we produced 26 tonnes of winter bird feed, and coordinate feeding on 29 different farms. 12 of those farms were surveyed by a team of expert ornithologists.
This summer meeting will discuss:
- The results of last year's surveys
- What makes successful feeding?
- Who would like to sell some grain or seed into the feed mix?
- Who needs feed for next winter (both for CS scheme participants and FiPL funded participants)?
- Where can we survey your feeding and where can we conduct a control plot?
We will also walk to Nick and Mike's winter bird feed plots to see where and how Over Norton Park feed their enormous farmland bird population.